MVV Energie CZ a.s. sells Jablonecká teplárenská a realitní, a.s.
MVV Energie CZ a.s. has sold its 65.78 percent share in Jablonecká teplárenská a realitní a.s. (JTR) to the statutory city Jablonec nad Nisou and on 17 July 2013 transferred its 198 shares to the new holder that became 100 percent owner of JTR. MVV Energie CZ a.s. is to receive almost 219 million CZK from this transaction, or almost 209 million CZK if some of the contractually defined conditions are not met.
MVV Energie CZ began to consider the possibility of the sale of its share after it had not gained support from the town ofJablonecnad Nisou, the minority shareholder of the company, after presenting its plan of extensive revitalization of the heat supply system in Jablonec nad Nisou in September 2011. The objective of the proposed revitalization in the value exceeding three hundred million CZK was to modernize the heat supply system and to reduce the prices of heat as a consequence. For a long time, MVV Energie CZ had objections to the decision-making model of the shareholders and regarded the model impractical and non-functional for JTR. Regardless of the revitalization project, from 2005 it kept proposing amendments to the Corporation Charter of JTR in order to clearly define the rights and obligations of both parties. However, it faced misunderstandings even in this area.
“We are sorry that we have not managed to reach agreement with the town ofJablonec, unlike with other cities, in terms of the development of JTR. We welcome models of cooperation with cities but the circumstances in this particular case did not suit long-term cooperation despite a number of attempts. However, we are content with the result of negotiations and regard the decision on the sale of the majority share as a correct decision that is also responsible to our shareholder and the customers of JTR,” says the Chairman of the Board of Directors of MVV Energie CZ Ing. Václav Hrach, Ph.D., and adds: “MVV Energie CZ is still ready to invest in the further development of its activities and has been searching for appropriate investment opportunities.”
Jablonecká teplárenská a realitní, a.s., has been supplying Jablonec nad Nisou with thermal energy since 1994. Since 2005 it has also been generating and distributing heat in Jablonné v Podještědí. Its customers are chiefly households but it also supplies heat to industrial plants and service sector companies. From July 2001 the company was a member of the group MVV Energie CZ. MVV Energie CZ a.s. owned 65.78 percent of the shares and the town of Jablonec nad Nisou owned the remaining 34.22 percent.
Ing. Sherin Dalíková